26
April
2004

Yarn Corraled!

I made a little progress on the mouse blanket this weekend. Finished with the fourth row of blocks - 2/3 of the way.

I also think I got a handle on all the balls of yarn:

As you can see, it’s a box designed to carry wine bottles. I cut off the top so that it would be easier to reach over and grab balls, but if I hadn’t, it would have been a nice caddy. I would have cut it down even further, but the box is an ingenious construction from one sheet of cardboard. If I’d cut further, I would have removed the dividers and the whole box would be useless. The only downside is that there are only 6 holes and I have up to 10 balls of yarn in play for this one. I wasn’t sure how well it would work, so I only liberated one box from Whole Foods. I’ll liberate another next time I go.