More swatches than you can shake a stick at

So I swatched up the borders last night with and without selvidge stitches and I tried the increases that the pattern suggests and either way, they look awful. The pattern recommends incresasing by knitting in front and in back of the first stitch. This breaks the line of the ribbing. Instead, I tried a few other increases and a lifted increase between the selvidge and the first rib looks much more elegant on both sides. So I frogged all 8 inches of work and redid them. I’m back to where I was yesterday morning, only now I know that it will look good when I get to the increases.

Lesson for today: Swatch, swatch, swatch.