Closing the book on Clapotis

Over the weekend, I finished up a clapotis for myself finally. Coupled with the cap I made myself already, I think I’m done with making the Clapotis pattern. It’s a great pattern, I just think it’s time to try other things.

Here’s some shots of my last one. I made it Lorna’s Laces Lion & Lamb, Mixed Berries. I didn’t drop the stitches until after I’d finished this time, so here’s what it looks like pre-dropping:

And post dropping:

Pre- and post-dropping close-ups:

And a couple of shots of me wearing it:

I also made a mini-cap for my neice. This one is in Lorna’s Shepherd Worsted in Uptown.
This is the yarn in a hank:

This is it wound into a ball:

And this is the finished hat:

I still have about half a ball left that I’m working on a scarf with. I’ve had a few failed starts in different patterns, but may have finally settled on something. I’ll let you know in a day or so. But it won’t be a Clapotis. ;)