20
January
2006

Hats Ahoy!

I’m heading down to visit my SIL tomorrow, so I had to finish up some of the hats I made for my niece.

Here’s Miss Dashwood from Knitty. I made the largest size and only needed 2 balls of Cashmerino Aran, not 3 as the pattern recommends.

And a close-up:

And, as I mentioned before, I made a smaller Clapotis Cap as well. I used Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Worsted in Uptown. I did one less pattern repeat in Section 3 and reduced the top by 6 stitches. It used 45g of yarn. The remainder I used to knit a matching scarf. Here they both are:

For the scarf, I wanted to show off the variegation of the yarn, and tried a few different stitch patterns before settling on the chevrons I actually used. I’d cast on expecting a flat-ish scarf with diagonal sections. And that’s what it was for the first 20 rows or so:

But then the sides started curling in along my decrease ribs. And as it got longer, a twist developed as well:

So then I decided to finish it off with some fun tassels:

It was quite a surprise how it turned out. And it was easy because it was all flat without anything too fancy. I’ll probably write up the pattern if there’s any interest.

20
January
2006

Complete your Clapotis ensemble

16
January
2006

Closing the book on Clapotis